Please find attached the circular on the presidential directive to award 30% of government procurement to persons with disabilities, women and youth. At the same time, the Public Procurement Oversight Author is planning to have regional training for women youths, and Persons with Disabilities between in the months of February, March April and May 2014.
The Public Procurement Oversight Authority’s main mandate is to oversee the implementation of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act, 2005 and its attendant Regulations, which includes ensuring that Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities access public procurement and disposal opportunities. To this end, PPOA has scheduled special trainings in the following proposed venues:
|SOUTH RIFT||Kericho Teachers Training College||18/02/14|
|Kenya School Government – Baringo||20/02/14|
|Nakuru Industrial Training Institute||19/02/14|
|EASTERN||Isiolo Technical Training Institute||24/02/14|
|Kenya School of Government -Embu||26/02/14|
|Machakos University College||28/02/14|
|Makueni Technical Training Institute||04/03/14|
|Kitui County Hall||06/03/14|
|COAST||Kenya School of Government- Mombasa||11/03/14|
|Kenya School of Government – Matuga||12/03/14|
|Kilifi University College||13/03/14|
|Malindi County Hall||18/03/14|
|CENTRAL||Thika Technical Training _Institute||07/04/14|
|Kirinyanga University College||29/04/14|
|Dedan Kimathi University||09/04/14|
|Nyahururu County Hall||02/05/14|
|WESTERN||Masinde Muliro University||16/04/14|
|Bukura Agribusiness Institute||18/04/14|
|NYANZA||Migori Teachers Training College Homa Bay Farmers Training CentreKisii University College and Nyamira County Hall
Siaya Technical Institute & Tom Mboya Labour College
|NAIROBI||Dagoretti CDF Hall||06/05/14|
|Bomas of Kenya .||07/05/14|
|Kasarani Sports Complex Hotel||08/05/14|
|Ofafa Jericho Social Hall||09/05/14|
|NORTH RIFT||Eldoret Polytechnic||27/05/14|
|Mosoriot Teachers College- Iten||28/05/14|
1. Target groups are required to register on-line through firstname.lastname@example.org and provide contact details ie. Name, County, Name of Organization and Telephone number. The deadline for registration is 13th February, 2014. Attendance is strictly upon registration.
2. Sessions will only be held with at least a quorum of 20 participants per venue.
3. PPOA will cater for all the training expenses; however participants are expected to cater for their- own transport to and from the training venue.
4. People with hearing impairment are encouraged to apply as PPOA will provide a sign language interpreter.
5. For more enquiries please contact – Mr. Thomas Otieno, Manager- Capacity Building Department
Tel. 020- 3244303
Filed under: Uncategorized