CALL FOR NOMINATION FOR MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES 2018
CALL FOR NOMINATION
Following the publication of Statute Law (Miscellaneous amendment) Act, 2016 on 19th April, 2017, the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection which has the mandate on disability hereby calls upon DPOs to nominate qualified persons with skills and with capacity to enable the National Council for Persons with Disabilities to deliver on its mandate to the people of Kenya.
Vacant Positions are as follows:
- Four positions where members represent DPOs (organizations OF Persons with disabilities) under section 4(1) (d) (i) of the amended PWDs Act, 2003.
- Two positions nominated by organizations FOR Persons with disabilities, including parents of Persons with Mental Disabilities under Section 4(10(b)(ii) of the amended PWDs Act, 2003.
- Nominees should not be State Officers,
- Nominees should be competent enough to carry out prescribed roles and spearhead matters of persons with disabilities,
- Regional balance should be adhered to/represent the face of Kenya,
- Nominees should NOT be serving currently in other two (2) boards,
- Nominees should NOT be Board Members of United Disabled Persons of Kenya (UDPK) (the umbrella body), but open to Board Members of other DPOs under UDPK,
- Gender balance should be observed,
- Nominees should represent various categories of disabilities,
- Marginalized and minority groups should be adequately represented,
- Nominees should meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Submission of Nominees
Nomination letter and CV should be sent both in soft and hard copy to:
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Labour and Social Protection,
State Department of Social Protection,
P.O. Box 30426 – 00100,
So as to be received by 24th July, 2018