Brief-Infrastructure and Equipment for Institutions
Infrastructure and equipment grants aim to enable the maintenance and growth of organizations which provide education or social services for persons with disabilities. Eligible organizations are education institutions, including special schools and special units, and social service delivery organizations, including non-government organizations and social care institutions.
Examples of infrastructure projects are day care centres that have won support to improve toilets to make them accessible for persons with disabilities, or schools that expand units focused on children with disabilities. There are many other types of projects which could get funding. Examples of equipment grants include schools equipping classrooms with chairs and desks that are accessible for children with disabilities or universities equipping ICT facilities for students with visual impairments.
The Fund does not give grants to buy or rent premises. It cannot pay for recurring costs such as staff costs, fuel, water or electricity bills. The Fund does not give money to set up new institutions, only to further improve existing ones. The grants are only for institutions with services specifically for persons with disabilities. Organisations which provide services for the general public, including persons with disabilities, are not eligible and are encouraged to find funds from their own budgets to ensure they mainstream disability in their organisations.
Notably we have supported,
- Assessment equipment for Educations Assessment Resource Centres across the country;
- St. Angela Mumias School for the Deaf- a classroom for Deaf blind students
- Mosoriot Teachers College - Braille embosser for production learning materials for visually impaired students,
- Joytown Secondary for Physically Handicapped, Kisumu to construct a dormitory
- St. Monica School for Mentally Handicapped, Embu to construct a dormitory and a classroom
- Kenyatta University to equip the computer lab for visually impaired students
- Bondo University college to establish a special needs educations unit among others
The requirements for the Cash Transfer programme include;
- Dully filled infrastructure and Equipments form
- Bill of quantities from Public Works Department
- Certificate of Registration
- List of Members of Management and Board of Directors with their National ID and contacts
- Letter of recommendation by the DSDOs proposal with the budget for the project
- Original invoices in case of equipment
- Land ownership document
- Signed copy of minutes of past meeting approving the project "Group Constituon"