CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR CONDUCTING ACCESSIBILITY AUDITS/TRAINING
The PWDs Act No.14 of 2003 was enacted in December, 2003 and came into effect by legal notice number 64 of 16th June;
2004. The Act provides for education, employment, health, accessibility, transport, sports and recreation, adjustment orders
and social security for Persons with Disabilities. The Act also reinforces the understanding of disability as a human rights and
development priority and provides a legislative framework for access to services and inclusion of Persons with disabilities in
all facets of life. It provides for the achievement of equalization of opportunities by prohibiting discrimination in employment,
education, buildings, transportation, sports and health among others.
Accessibility of the environment is a key factor in facilitating people with disabilities to achieve greater independence,participation and social inclusion.
As a way of enhancing access to services provided by various institutions to the Public, NCPWD intends to conduct accessibility of PWDs of this public and private institutions.
2. Interested Applicants
The NCPWD is therefore inviting proposals from members of the public to conduct accessibility audits and training of institutions.
3. Eligibility Criteria.
The prospective applicants must be able to provide the following information;
1. Current Registration certificates from relevant government agencies.
- Certificate by registrar of companies.
- Certificate of tax compliance form KRA.
- Registered and accredited with NITA
2. Registered with NCPWD as an organization of and for persons with disabilities(applicable for Disabled People Organizations)
3. Top management of the organization must be in possession of University degree in Sociology or Social Work.
4. Must have at least 2 years’ experience of training or working in the disability and the local communities either nationally
or county level.
5. Must have a physical office with at least necessary staff manning the office and program activities. Must provide detailed
CVs of the staff and latest utility bills (electricity and water)
6. Must have accounting structures within their organization. Attach audited financial statement for the last two years.
4. APPLICATIONS INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
For full information and requirements regarding this call, prospective applicants are required to submit a detailed proposal
in line with further information from Council’s website (www.ncpwd.go.ke). Prospective applicants are required to read,
understand and comply with these additional information and requirements before submitting their proposals.
Completed application should be sent or delivered in both soft and hard copy to:
The Executive Director
National Council for Persons with Disabilities
P O BOX 66577-00800
Situated at KABETE ORTHOPAEDIC COMPOUND on Waiyaki way opp; ABC PLACE, next to Kabete Barracks from Monday-Friday
during normal working hours (8.00 am to 5.00pm).
The deadline for responding to this call is 5th December 2017 at 5.00pm